IndieEd is a resource for Boulder County area parents who are seeking private educational and psychological support for their children. IndieEd interviews all resource providers before referring them to families.
IndieEd also serves as a professional development group for local educators, counselors, and therapists. We hold monthly meetings featuring speakers who present some aspect of their fields of expertise. Following the presentations, we allow time to discuss that topic and share issues and professional concerns. Participants develop a deeper understanding of the specific work being done in the community by specific professionals. Ultimately, the children of the community benefit most from these connections.
Levels of participation in IndieEd:
Founding Members: Pete Laffin, Kathy Sherman, Pam Allen
IndieEd Network Members: Those educators who are interested in supporting the learning and growth of students and themselves and recognize the synergy that emerges from regular sharing and enrichment. Network Members agree to the following standards:
- attend 8 out of 10 annual monthly meetings
- arrive on time and stay for the entire 1½ hr meeting
- present an topic of their interest or bring in a guest speaker periodically
- $100 one-time fee: To be included on the IndieEd website list of educators with contact information and short bio. Network Members will also be able to post blogs on the IndieEd web site.
- Free: To be included on a non-published, IndieEd referral list.